Thursday, January 1, 2009

Procrastination's Fool

A solid year has passed since I resolved to begin my blog, being held up only by choosing "the perfect name". I'd try to describe what I'd write about to help others name my blog, but honestly, it will be about everything that interests me, and maybe nothing at all. So I stole/captured this idea off a very old post on someone else's blog, intruiged by the realization that like clay in the hands of a sculptor, it will take on a shape of it's own. Of course, I'm pretty sure he was mocking this in a long list of others, but Jimmy Crack Corn.
I'm not really one for New Year's Resolutions. They conjure up deeply repressed feelings of guilt and failure, like giving up chocolate for Lent (which never lasted more than a couple of days) and pages upon pages of my current weight and measurements in all of my adolescent journals. Those were the good ol' days when I thought I was fat but was rockin' that bikini. Sigh.
Here's to a 2009 filled to the brim with inspiration and bold adventures.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I love following blogs of friends! I am looking forward to following your blog journey! I am so glad we are back in touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on a great blog! I love it. If it's looking this great already when you have a splint on your hand, I can't wait to see how great it will be when you're in full typing form. Beautiful photo of you and the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogosphere. Does this mean you'll be joining me at BlogHer09 in Chicago this year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are such a gifted writer! i can't wait to read more entries. photobookmom is encouraging me to start a blog. so far i have a title...For the Love of Music...let's see where this one goes...

    Happy new Year!!!

    ReplyDelete